Information for the 1st year doctoral students
To-do list in the first semester
- Register for the courses on the 12 September at the latest.
- Meet your supervisor for an introductory conversation and fill out the expectations management worksheet. Read more here.
- Enter the period plan for the first semester into the Study Information system on 27 September.
- The deadline for the supervision agreement is 28 September.
A supervision agreement is concluded between the doctoral student, the supervisor(s) and the university. The agreement indicates the division of responsibility and tasks between the supervisors. In addition, the agreement states basic conditions of the ownership of intellectual property rights and confidentiality of personal data.
The signed copies of the supervision agreement have to be delivered to the Dean´s Office before the deadline. In the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the Dean signs the contract on behalf of the University of Tartu. The agreement is registered, and one copy is kept in the Dean´s Office; other copies are returned to the institute for the parties of the agreement. There must be as many copies as there are signatories.
If you would like to sign the agreement digitally, send a digital container with a pdf file to the secretary of the Dean´s Office, Maarja Nõmmik (email@example.com).
- The individual plan for the whole period of doctoral studies and its appendix competencies self-analysis is submitted together with the first progress review report.
- The first progress review takes place at the end of January. Besides the individual plan, the progress review report and period plan for the next semester must be submitted.