Guidelines at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities for Applying for Action 1.1 of the ESF Dora Plus Programme, “Participation of Young Researchers in the International Exchange of Knowledge”
Master’s students, doctoral students, resident physicians, young lecturers and researchers can use the grant to participate in a professional conference, seminar or course, or carry out other educational and research-related activities, for example, working in libraries, using laboratories, developing study materials, working with a supervisor, participating in field work, consultations or other similar tasks. Activities abroad must be closely related to the grantee’s current teaching and research work.
The grant cannot be applied for by students studying in Estonia for a short period of time (e.g. visiting doctoral students or Erasmus+ exchange students) because they are not matriculated to an Estonian university.
The grant can be applied for by a person who, at the time of occurrence of the study mobility, is:
- a doctoral student;
- a Master’s degree student;
- a person studying on the basis of an integrated curriculum who has earned at least 180 ECTS;
- a resident physician;
- or a lecturer or researcher who is no older than 35 or who did not defend their PhD thesis more than five years previously. The age limit does not apply to students. Those who have been on parental leave have the chance to extend the limits proportionally.
Visits eligible for funding, in order of priority:
- Giving an oral presentation at a professional conference.
- Giving a poster presentation at a professional conference.
- Attending a professional conference.
- Attending a seminar, course or workshop, or carrying out other educational and research-related activities.
- Working in libraries, using laboratories, developing study materials, working with a supervisor, participating in a field work, consultations and other similar tasks.
Activities abroad must be closely related to the grantee’s current teaching and research work.
The grant cannot be used for entering more than one country during one visit.
Funding is intended for visits abroad with a duration of up to 30 days (includes the time it takes to travel to the country of destination and back), the objective of which is attending an international conference, seminar or course related to the applicant’s field of interest. The journey can start in Estonia or abroad.
Transport allowance to the country of destination and back, based on the distance expressed in km. Travel distance must be calculated using the distance calculator. The journey can start in Estonia or abroad. The transport allowance is expected to cover all travel expenses, including local transportation, insurance, visa expenses etc.
If the distance to the country of destination is up to 99,99 km (inclusive), then travel expenses will be covered on the basis of documents indicating the expenses in an amount of up to 180 euros.
If the distance to the country of destination is more than 100 km the travel expenses will be covered based on the unit prices.
Using a personal car for travelling to the country of destination is allowed only if it is agreed on in the agreement signed by the grantee and Archimedes Foundation.
Accommodation allowance will be covered for the period of mobility and on well-reasoned occasions for one night preceding the event and one night following the event.
Period of mobility
Allowance per night
15 or more
Daily allowance is 32 euros per day.
Participation fee will be covered on the basis of a document indicating the amount of the fee (invoice, information provided by the organisers etc.).
The maximum grant amount is 2000 EUR per grantee.
Applications are to be submitted to the Dora Plus coordinator of the University of Tartu by September 1st, November 1st, January 1st, March 1st, June 1st and August 1st at the latest. Applications must be submitted electronically through Working Environment of Academic Mobility. Application must be submitted in consideration that the application will reach the Archimedes Foundation at least 6 weeks before the beginning of mobility.
The decision on awarding the grant will be made at Faculty by the 10th day of every month (except July).
Documents to be submitted:
- Filled-out application form;
- When attending an event – the programme of the event (when verified programme is not available, grantee should provide a link to the event’s home page).
- When the purpose of mobility is individual research – an individual working plan confirmed by the supervisor of the student or by direct superior of the academic staff member/researcher.
The Dora Committee of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities may ask applicants to provide additional documents. In the case when several applicants are equal, activity in Doctoral School will be taken into account.
After receiving all required information, the Archimedes Foundation will contact the selected recipients in order to sign the grant agreement.
Following the signing of the agreement, the advance payment of the grant will be made directly to the grant holder’s bank account.
After the end of the visit, the grantee is obligated to submit to Archimedes:
- Confirmation issued by the organiser/host or supervisor that the grantee has attended the event specified in the agreement (certificate, letter of confirmation). The confirmation letter must include the subject of the event or the description of the individual work and the dates, when the event/individual work took place.
- Original boarding pass bus or train tickets or petrol cheques (issued in the country of destination or on the way to the destination). Please note that travelling by car must always be previously agreed upon with the Archimedes Foundation!
- Attendance fee invoice and payment confirmation.
- Narrative report.
The documents should be posted to the following address Dora Pluss koordinaator, SA Archimedes, Väike-Turu 8, Tartu 51013, Estonia not later than 15 days after the end of the mobility.